The deadline for upper-year students to submit a drop request for a Fall 2022 class is 4:45 pm New York time on Friday, December 2.
- Submit a digital ticket to your program office by the deadline. Please log into the Law Registrar Service Desk.
- Fill out the ticket to request to drop the course.
- Dropping a seminar, colloquium, simulation course or writing credit? Obtain professor’s permission. Please attach the professor’s permission to the ticket.
- Dropping to below 12 credits (3Ls and full-time LL.M. students)? Complete the applicable Credit Load Permission Form to Increase/Decrease Credits.
- Did you take a mid-term, complete graded work, etc.? You may drop the class, but you will receive a WD notation on your transcript.
- Did the class end after the first 7 weeks of the semester? You may not drop the class.
- Is the course from a previous semester? A “WD” will appear on your transcript.
For more information, please contact your program office (JDs: the Office of Academic; LLMs: the Office of Graduate Affairs).