Submissions to the Docket are now made directly by the respective offices and departments as seen in the Categories list on the right side of the page.
If you need a Docket account for your department, or if you have any problems or questions, please send a request to email@example.com.
- NEW: If adding a post to the “Deadlines” category, use date field picker below the editor to indicate the date of your deadline.
- Your post will be displayed with the date prefixed in front of the post title.
- You don’t need to include the date in your title.
- Only deadlines occurring in the next 30 days will be included in the email.
- Add only internal NYU Law deadlines.
- Use the “External Opportunities” category for non-NYU Law deadlines.
- Do not use this category for grouped deadlines; each post should be a unique deadline.
- To see this in action, see the first example illustration below.
- Please choose ONE category in which to display your post.
- If you aren’t sure what category to pick, use the “Other” category. Your post will be included in the “Announcements” category in the Docket email.
- Please DO NOT post to the “Career Services” or “PILC” categories without first getting approval from those departments.
Internal vs. External Content
- Please use your department category for announcements relating to students’ NYU Law experience.
- Announcements relating to things outside of the NYU Law experience should be added to the “External Opportunities” category.
Audience (1L, 2L, 3L, LLM, JSD, MSL) Tagging
- We’ve changed the audience selections to be Tags instead of Categories.
- Please select the specific class or classes that your post applies to.
- Select every class if your post applies to everyone.
- To see this in action, see the example illustration below.
Posting in Multiple Issues
- Reposting is OK in moderation.
- Please don’t repeat your announcement more than is absolutely necessary.
- Consider changing the title in subsequent posts to bring more attention to it.
- Please do not create duplicate posts of the same content. If you need to re-run your announcement for a second week, edit the original listing and modify the publication date to be included in the next week’s issue.
- Please do not list your event in the Docket
- Event listings should be placed in the NYU Law Calendar
- Event listings in the calendar will be included in the Upcoming Events email
- The Upcoming Events email includes the next four weeks of listings
Publication Time Frame
- The Docket email includes any post dated between 12:01 a.m. of the previous Monday through 12:00 a.m. Sunday night.
- Please Use Title Case for Your Title (capitalize all words except for the, for, to, of, etc., unless it is the first word of the title).
- Make sure your title clearly and succinctly describes your post (not too short; not too long).
- AUAIYT: Avoid using acronyms in your titles. Some students may not be familiar with them.
- Do not USE ALL CAPS FOR YOUR TITLE. It’s a bit like SHOUTING!
In the weekly Docket email the following categories from the website will be combined into a single section titled “Announcements.”
Forum on Law, Culture & Society
Graduate Tax Program
Law and Business
Records And Registration
Student Financial Services