Submissions to the Docket are now made directly by the respective offices and departments as seen in the Categories list on the right side of the page.
Request an Account
How to Log In
Docket editors can use this link to log in to the editing environment.
- NEW: If adding a post to the “Deadlines” category, use date field picker below the editor to indicate the date of your deadline.
- Your post will be displayed with the date prefixed in front of the post title.
- You don’t need to include the date in your title.
- Only deadlines occurring in the next 30 days will be included in the email.
- Add only internal NYU Law deadlines.
- Use the “External Opportunities” category for non-NYU Law deadlines.
- Do not use this category for grouped deadlines; each post should be a unique deadline.
- To see this in action, see the first example illustration below.
- Please choose ONE category in which to display your post.
- If you aren’t sure what category to pick, use the “Other” category. Your post will be included in the “Announcements” category in the Docket email.
- Please DO NOT post to the “Career Services” or “PILC” categories without first getting approval from those departments.
Internal vs. External Content
- Please use your department category for announcements relating to students’ NYU Law experience.
- Announcements relating to things outside of the NYU Law experience should be added to the “External Opportunities” category.
Audience Tagging (JD, LLM, 1L, 2L, etc.)
- If you announcement is directed at a particular class of students, please indicate that in the title.
- The recommended way is to include the relevant class or classes in parentheses at the end of the title.
- Example 1: PILC Remote Counseling Appointments (2L)
- Example 2: Fall 2020 Bidding Cycle #3 Opens August 5 (JDs)
- However, if you have an alternate wording that still makes the audience clear, that is OK.
- Please don’t use this approach if your announcement pertains to all students.
Posting in Multiple Issues
- Reposting is OK in moderation.
- Please don’t repeat your announcement more than is absolutely necessary.
- Consider changing the title in subsequent posts to bring more attention to it.
- Please do not create duplicate posts of the same content. If you need to re-run your announcement for a second week, edit the original listing and modify the publication date to be included in the next week’s issue.
- Please do not list your event in the Docket
- Event listings should be placed in the NYU Law Calendar
- Event listings in the calendar will be included in the Upcoming Events email
- The Upcoming Events email includes the next four weeks of listings
Publication Time Frame
- The Docket email includes any post dated between 12:01 a.m. of the previous Monday through 12:00 a.m. Sunday night.
- Please Use Title Case for Your Title (capitalize all words except for the, for, to, of, etc., unless it is the first word of the title).
- Make sure your title clearly and succinctly describes your post (not too short; not too long).
- AUAIYT: Avoid using acronyms in your titles. Some students may not be familiar with them.
- Do not USE ALL CAPS FOR YOUR TITLE. It’s a bit like SHOUTING!
In the weekly Docket email the following categories from the website will be combined into a single section titled “Announcements.”
Forum on Law, Culture & Society
Graduate Tax Program
Law and Business
Records And Registration
Student Financial Services