- TAX/INTERNATIONAL TAX LLM JOB SEARCH SKILLS WORKSHOP – For Full-time Tax LLM and International Tax LLM students (Wednesday, August 30th, 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM, Greenberg Lounge, Vanderbilt Hall): OCS counselors will review the timing of the search, resources for the job search, and top tips for succeeding in finding your post-LLM job. This event will be videotaped for students who are unable to attend.
- STATE & LOCAL TAX CAREER FORUM (Thursday, August 31st, 6:00-8:00 PM, Furman Hall Room 214): This program will address career opportunities for JD and LLM students interested in pursuing practice in the state & local taxation area. Scheduled panelists include Helen Hecht (Multistate Tax Commission), Amy Nogid (Mayer Brown), Jeff Saviano (E&Y) and Tom Donnelly (Comcast). The program will be moderated by Professor Richard Pomp.
- GTP LUNCH SERIES: Steve Kimble, LLM (Tax) ‘97, Chairman and CEO of Deloitte Tax LLP (Tuesday, September 12th, 10:30-11:55 AM, Snow Dining Room, Vanderbilt Hall). (Each semester, we host the Graduate Tax Program Lunch series, which features roundtable discussions with prominent alumni and small groups of students (up to 25). Rather than focusing on substantive tax issues, the guests explain what they do on a daily basis and describe how they chose their professional paths). Details and RSVP info to come.
- 22ND ANNUAL TILLINGHAST LECTURE ON INTERNATIONAL TAXATION (Tuesday, September 19th, 6:00 PM, Greenberg Lounge, Vanderbilt Hall): This year’s program will feature a presentation by Robert B. Stack, former deputy assistant secretary for tax policy, International Tax, US Treasury Department. The title of this year’s lecture is “The Multilateral Instrument: Is it a Step Forward?” A brief reception will follow the lecture. To register for this event, click here: https://nyu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3K4Y5NrtNjpNbcp .
- GRADUATE TAX PROGRAM HAPPY HOUR (Thursday, Sept 28, 7:00-8:30 PM, Golding Lounge, Vanderbilt Hall). Please join your classmates for drinks and refreshments in an informal setting.
- 7TH ANNUAL NYU/UCLA TAX POLICY SYMPOSIUM (Friday, October 27th, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Room TBA): This year’s program is titled New Approaches to Calculation and Allocation of the International Tax Base and will take place at NYU Law. More details to come.
We look forward to seeing you at any or all of these events!