The application for membership in the 2018 NYU Jean-Pictet Team has been extended to Monday, October 23, 2017 at 5:00 pm.
The Center for Human Rights and Global Justice is accepting applications for membership on the NYU Team to the Jean-Pictet Competition on International Humanitarian Law, a week-long training event on IHL that consists of simulations and role plays. The 2018 simulation will take place in Ohrid, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
Selected students will be notified within a few days of submitting their application and will be required to work together on a team submission to the Jean-Pictet Competition, due Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 1:00 pm ET.
Applicants to the NYU Team should be ready to travel to Macedonia for the competition from March 24-31, 2018 in the event they are selected. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered.
NYU Team Application Instructions
Please submit the following materials by October 23 to Brianne Cuffe at email@example.com, with “Jean-Pictet Team Application” in the subject line. These must be compiled in a single PDF document.
- Application Cover Sheet
- List of relevant courses taken, e.g., international humanitarian law/law of armed conflict, international law, international criminal law, UN charter (constitutional law of the United Nations), human rights law, refugee law, mediation, etc.). Please include the institutions where they were taken, the name of the professor(s) teaching the course, and the grade or results obtained.
- List of relevant activities, e.g., moot court competitions, arbitration or mediation competitions, and activities involving international humanitarian law, public speaking experience, teamwork, and any other experience you feel may be relevant. Include in this list the institutions where the activities took place, and any relevant results, grades, or awards. This list should be concise and related to the skills needed for the competition.
- Statement of interest: Please write a brief statement of interest, not to exceed 500 words.
Jean-Pictet Competition Timeline at a Glance
- Applications for NYU Team are due Monday, October 23, 2017 at 5 pm.
- Team submissionto the Jean-Pictet Competition due Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 1:00 pm ET.
- If selected, the NYU Team would travel to Ohrid, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia for the Competition from March 24-31, 2018.