Calling all 1L Women!
The American Bar Association’s Women in M&A Sub-Committee invites you to apply for an all-expense-paid trip to the next meeting of the American Bar Association’s M&A Committee, which will be held in Laguna Beach, CA from January 31 – February 01.
If you don’t know much about business law or what transactional practitioners do, this is your chance to learn, from top lawyers from around the world, why M&A is an exciting career path! Additionally, you will have the opportunity to practice and hone your networking and interpersonal skills before the 2L on-campus interviewing season.
The selection process will consist of two steps. First, the Women in M&A Sub-Committee will review the applications and select the finalists. Then, each finalist will be contacted for a 20-minute telephone interview with one of the members of the Women in M&A Sub-Committee.
The application can be found here. The deadline is January 6, 2020.
Questions? Please direct any questions to:
More information on the Laguna Beach, CA program and the Women in M&A Sub-Committee:
The American Bar Association’s Women in M&A Sub-Committee is offering an all-expense-paid trip, to Laguna Beach, CA from January 31 – February 01, 2020.
- All ABA registration fees
- Round-trip airfare
- 3 nights’ stay at the conference hotel
- All meals
What do you get to do?
- Participate in a meeting of the M&A Committee (which will be attended by 100+ law firm and in-house M&A lawyers from around the world)
- Participate in meetings of related subcommittees and task forces
- Attend receptions and dinners organized by the M&A Committee
- Have a mentor from the Women in M&A Sub-Committee to guide you through the meetings and networking opportunities.
The Women in M&A Sub-Committee was formed by the M&A Committee of the ABA’s Business Law Section with the goal of increasing the participation and retention of female legal professionals in the field of M&A. It is focused on four key initiatives: (i) working with law schools to educate female law school students about M&A practice; (ii) increasing awareness at law firms of the importance of attracting and retaining women in this field; (iii) providing networking opportunities and business development forums and tools to female M&A lawyers and interested female law students; and (iv) enabling the sharing of materials, experiences and best practices by creating forums for communication among female M&A lawyers and interested female law students.
More information about the:
- Women in M&A Sub-Committee can be found at: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/business_law/committees/ma/subcommittees/
- Conference in Laguna Beach, CA can be found at: https://www.americanbar.org/events-cle/mtg/cds/385824088/
- Mergers & Acquisitions Committee can be found at: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/business_law/committees/ma/