- Please note we entered a May 2022 Degree Application on behalf of graduating full-time JD and LLM students. This application ensures that you are on the degree list and that you receive all mailings relevant to graduation.
- Even though graduation is several months away, now would be a good time to check your address information for your diploma. Please note that the Office of the University Registrar mails diplomas to graduating students starting in late September/early October.
- By default, your diploma will be mailed to your “permanent” address in Albert via trackable USPS mail. The University will not mail diplomas to NYU Law housing addresses. You can check your permanent address by going to Albert via NYU Home.
- You can elect to have your diploma mailed to a different address or indicate you will pick it up in person at StudentLink by updating the Diploma Options page in your Albert Student Center before your conferral date.
- Please see the following link for more information and please update your permanent mailing address now: http://www.nyu.edu/registrar/graduation/diplomas.html/
Diploma Name Option
By default, your “primary” name (as it is entered in Albert and as it appears on your NYU transcript) is printed on your diploma. You can elect to have your “preferred” (or chosen) name (as it is entered in Albert) printed on your diploma by updating the Diploma Options page in your Student Center before your conferral date.
- Important Note for Students of Professional Schools (e.g. Law, Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry): Before opting to print your “preferred” name on your NYU diploma, please take into consideration that professional licensing requirements often require you to use your legal name. For example, State Bar application and licensure and federal employment/guidelines require the use of the legal name. Therefore, not using your “primary” legal name on a diploma may result in the rejection, delay, scrutiny, and/or requirements for additional proof of identification associated with any applications for employment, licensure, credentialing, visa applications, and/or other processes that require verification of your education records.
The deadline for Law to use this option for May 2022 Graduation is June 15th, 2022
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Records and Registration either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 1-212-998-6040.