The Intensive Pro Bono Research Projects are a great opportunity to complete pro bono work for admission to the New York State Bar, as well as for students to gain experience conducting international law research and drafting a research report. We are excited to collaborate with domestic and international non-profit and intergovernmental organizations to offer legal research projects for teams of students to undertake intensively during the summer.
The following projects will be offered in summer 2021:
- LawHelp NY – Pro Bono Net
- Solidarity Center – International Lawyers Assisting Workers (ILAW) Network
The project descriptions can be found here.
Each team will be given instructions on the research sought by the organization, and will work intensively over the allocated week to prepare a report. Participating students must commit to seeing the report through to completion, which is likely to involve more than 50 hours of work total, including beyond the intensive week. However, the aim is for the project to be completed within a relatively short timeframe.
To participate in the program, you must do the following:
• Sign up for the one project of your choice here;
• Email a resume and a brief (no longer than half a page) statement of interest to email@example.com by 11:59pm on Monday, May 17th;
• Attend regular check-in meetings with your project supervisor;
• Work with your group throughout May, June, and July, plus do any additional work required to bring the project to completion.