4th Annual New York State Public Defenders Career Fair
Friday, October 29, 2021 from 1:00 – 5:00 pm EST
We are excited to welcome them to a robust virtual hiring experience using the Zoom platform.
Registration and details at: https://www.law.buffalo.edu/cso/public-defender-career-fair.html
All law schools’ students and graduates welcome. Participation is free. Registration deadline is Wednesday, October 20, 2021.
How it Works:
We welcome applicants from all over the world to network and interview for internships, entry-level and lateral positions. Candidates will visit employers’ zoom rooms for conversation and interviews (via breakout rooms) throughout the afternoon. Employers will also receive a list of the registered applicants a week before the fair. The list includes their profile, geographic preference and a link to their resume. They may contact applicants in advance to set a time to meet at the career fair or to arrange a separate time to talk.
Other Career Fair Events:
This virtual event is designed to be interactive and dynamic. Other activities will be happening throughout the afternoon.
- Central Gathering Room
- For networking with other attendees, getting tech help, asking questions and seeking advice.
- Welcome Videos and Instructional Webinars
- Your hosts offer your messages of welcome, inspiration and instruction on how to make the most of your time at the career fair.
- In-Real-Time Panel Discussions (will be recorded and available afterward)
- Topics will include advice for new public defenders, remote vs. in-person work arrangements, hot criminal law topics for 2021.
- Day-long informational rooms from NYS ILS and NYSDA covering:
- Appellate Work, Family Court and AFC Cases, Juvenile Defense, Financial Services and Loan Forgiveness…and many other topics
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Lisa Patterson at email@example.com.