Tycko & Zavareei LLP is pleased to announce that it is accepting applications for the Tycko & Zavareei LLP Public Interest Fellowship (the “Fellowship”). The Fellowship, which is in its ninth year, is designed for recent law school graduates, and the firm will be conducting interviews of current 3L law students beginning in the fall of 2019. The Fellowship will now run for approximately two years, beginning in the fall of 2020. The firm’s primary office is in Washington, D.C. and also maintains an office in Oakland, California. The Fellow will be based in Washington, D.C.
The Fellowship is intended for individuals with a demonstrated commitment to a career in public interest law. The Fellow will be an employee of the firm for the duration of the Fellowship. During that time, a minimum of three months will be spent working directly for a public interest organization based in D.C.
Tycko & Zavareei LLP partners with five organizations that the Fellow can choose from. The organizations are all well-established, highly-respected non-profits based in Washington, D.C.
• Human Rights First (www.humanrightsfirst.org), which advocates on behalf of human rights in the United States and around the world.
• The National Women’s Law Center (www.nwlc.org), which fights for women’s rights in employment, education, healthcare and other areas.
• Bread for the City (www.breadforthecity.org), which provides vulnerable residents of Washington, D.C. with comprehensive services, including legal assistance.
• National Consumer Law Center (www.nclc.org), which works for consumer justice and economic security for low-income and other disadvantaged people, including older adults.
• Public Justice (www.publicjustice.net), which pursues high impact lawsuits to combat social and economic injustice, protect the Earth’s sustainability, and challenge predatory corporate conduct and government abuses.
The firm’s past Fellows have worked with Human Rights First, National Women’s Law Center, Bread for the City, and Public Justice, and gained vast knowledge and experience needed to help to promote human rights and develop policy
During the remainder of the Fellowship, the Fellow will work side-by-side with the firm’s attorneys on public interest litigation. Tycko & Zavareei LLP has a strong commitment to public interest work, and an active practice in areas such as consumer rights, employee rights, and whistleblower rights. The Fellow will be exposed to a wide variety of cases, and will be given substantial responsibility. The current salary for the Fellow is $63,000 for the first year and $68,250 for the second year. It is possible that the salary will increase prior the start of the Fellowship. The Fellow will be eligible for the Firm’s health insurance plan, and will receive three weeks of paid vacation per year.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, law school transcript, recent writing sample, and at least two references via electronic mail only to: Jeannette Jackson at email@example.com.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and must be received by Friday, August 2, 2019. For additional information, call (202) 973-0900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also learn more about Tycko & Zavareei LLP at www.tzlegal.com.