The Center for Human Rights and Global Justice is accepting applications for the 2019-2020 International Law and Human Rights (ILHR) Fellowship Program for placements with a select group of organizations, listed below. CHRGJ coordinates the ILHR Fellowship Program with the Institute for International Law and Justice and the support of the Public Interest Law Center. Applications are due by Monday, February 3, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
The ILHR Fellowship Program consists of three main components:
- a 10-12 week funded internship at an organization working in human rights or international law, usually in the summer, although graduating LLMs and JSDs may in some cases elect to complete it in the fall;
- pre-internship preparation and training in the form of course requirements and a series of not-for-credit seminars in the spring; and
- a post-internship academic research paper under the supervision of NYU faculty or staff.
Positions are open to current full-time 1L and 2L students.
Host internship organizations include:
- Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Center for Legal and Social Studies (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Defence for Children International (Freetown, Sierra Leone)
- Human Rights Law Network (New Delhi, India)
- Human Rights Network for Journalists (Kampala, Uganda)
- UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations–Justice and Corrections Service (New York, NY)
- Zhicheng Public Interest Lawyers (Beijing, China)
Students selected for the ILHR Fellowship will receive a stipend of $5,500 for 1Ls and $7,500 for 2Ls.
Applications are due by Monday, February 3, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. EST.. Please submit the application package by e-mail in a single document as a PDF file to Lauren Stackpoole at email@example.com.