The Center for Human Rights and Global Justice is accepting applications for membership on the NYU Team to the Jean-Pictet Competition on International Humanitarian Law, a week-long training event on international humanitarian law that consists of simulations and role plays. The 33rd edition of the Jean-Pictet Competition will be held from March 7-14, 2020.
Selected students will be notified in October will be required to work together on a team submission to the Jean-Pictet Competition, due Friday, November 8, 2019.
Applicants to the NYU Team should be ready to travel for the competition in the event they are selected. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered.
Currently enrolled NYU Law JD, LLM, and JSD students are eligible to apply for the 2019-20 Jean-Pictet Competition.
The Jean-Pictet regulations require that participants be under 30 years of age. Requests for exemption can be made, so applicants over the age requirement will still be considered for the NYU team. If you have questions, please contact CHRGJ’s Executive Director Katie Wightman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit the following materials by Monday, October 14 by 5:00 p.m. to Brianne Cuffe at email@example.com, with “Jean-Pictet 2019-20 Team Application” in the subject line. These must be compiled in a single PDF document.
- Academic transcript from most recent degree program (digital copies please)
- NYU Law academic transcript (2Ls and 3Ls only)
- Statement of interest, not to exceed 500 words (In a separate sentence in this document, please confirm that you are under 30 years of age in your statement of interest, or indicate that you will need to seek an exemption if you are over 30)
Jean-Pictet Competition Timeline at a Glance
- Applications for NYU Team are due Monday, October 14, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
- Team submission to the Jean-Pictet Competition due Friday, November 8, 2019
- If selected, the NYU Team would travel to the competition venue in in Denpasar, Indonesia from March 7-14, 2020.