The Student Ambassador position at the Queens County Bar Association (QCBA) provides an opportunity for law students to take a leadership role within the QCBA.
This is an excellent position for any law student ready to jump-start his/her career and gain visibility while developing a strong professional network in an association that includes attorneys, judges, referees, law secretaries and other professionals working within the legal field.
The role of the Student Ambassador is to represent the Queens County Bar Association by communicating the benefits of membership, promoting relevant events, increasing student engagement, and recruiting new members.
QCBA is offering Ambassadorships to a maximum of two students from all of the law schools in New York State.
The Student Ambassador from each school will be placed on the Law School Liaison Committee, where they will advise the Queens County Bar Association on how to best serve law students, as well as, contribute to the planning of programs on topics ranging from how to manage a job search to non-traditional careers for attorneys.
Through its programs and networking receptions, the QCBA provides law students with valuable opportunities to network and develop relationships with practicing attorneys.
Responsibilities of the Student Ambassador include: • Be a member in good standing of the Queens County Bar Association (membership is FREE to law school students and attorneys admitted to practice less than one year) • Host a Queens County Bar Association table twice a year (once a semester). This will be determined in conjunction with the law school’s Career Services/Planning Office and may include: Law School Orientation, Bar Association Fairs or Career Fair, or other relevant student events identified by the Ambassador.
• The Student Ambassador is expected to attend no less than two QCBA Stated Meetings or other QCBA events per academic year.
Benefits for the Student Ambassador include:
• Learn how to host and develop events, such as CLE presentations
• Write articles and be published in the QCBA bulletin
• Excellent Opportunity to Network with Attorneys
• Membership on the Law School Liaison Committee
• Receive a QCBA Certificate of Recognition as a Student Ambassador
• Receive a Complimentary Pass to the Annual Dinner reception
• Receive Access to the QCBA Library
QCBA is looking for law students who are:
• Proactive, creative, enthusiastic, hard-working and self-motivated
• Involved with student organizations, communities and have held leadership positions
• An active Facebook or Google+ user and interested in promoting the QCBA’s content on Social Media
• Interested in meeting and networking with new people and apprising them about QCBA’s programs and committees
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to Queens County Bar Association,
Attn: Ambassadorship Program, 9035 148th St, Jamaica, NY 11435
Email: email@example.com or Fax: (718) 657-1789