The NYU Steinhardt Office of Global Affairs and Experiential Learning provides leadership and strategic planning to ensure that appropriate administrative infrastructure and services are in place to support global programming and academic experiential learning (internships, student teaching, fieldwork, and clinical placements).
The Contract Assistant’s primary responsibility will be to support the review of affiliation agreements that govern experiential learning. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in higher education administration and editing legal documents. This one-year position will report to the Associate Director of Experiential Learning during academic year 2019-2020.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Required Skills:
● Assist with the initial review of affiliation agreements, internship agreements, and memorandums of understanding
● Research local laws and regulations as assigned
● Scan and archive historical agreements digitally and in hard copy
● Record community partner information into the experiential learning database
● Assist with general administration and special projects in support of experiential learning
● Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
● Ability to write concisely, effectively, and to express thoughts clearly and logically
● Proficient skills with Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
● Ability to communicate effectively with individuals—especially faculty and community partners
Eligibility: Graduate Students and/or Law Students
Desired Start Date: September 3, 2019
Hours: 20 hours/week
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Priority review will begin August 20, 2019 until position filled.