The Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital program (formerly the Venture Fund) is excited to announce our Spring 2023 Business Plan Competition. Any current student or recent NYU Law graduate (Classes of 2020, 2021, and 2022) with an interest in entrepreneurship is invited to participate—regardless of their experience level.
We are looking for participants to submit a one to two minute video presentation or written pitch explaining their business idea focused on “Tech Innovation” – think artificial intelligence, legal tech, fintech, cybersecurity, or any other tech field of your interest – feel free to get creative! Business ideas should aim to develop innovative solutions.
Your video or written submission should explain the problem you are solving, what your solution is and how that solution works. You don’t have to be working on a startup to enter the competition. The goal here is to identify creative solutions to timely issues we face as a society today and get some practice around pitching that idea to a panel of entrepreneurs and VCs.
The deadline to submit is Friday, March 24 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All participants must either be a current NYU Law student or NYU Law alumnus/a in the Class of 2020, 2021, or 2022. Both individual and team submissions are allowed. Finalists will be invited to pitch their business plan live on Zoom to the panel of judges, and the winner of each group will be awarded a $1,500 cash prize.
The following criteria will be used to judge the video submissions and live pitches:
- Submission (clarity of pitch; coherent and organized deck)
- Concept (relevant concept; creative and unique idea)
- Scalability (practical usability; growth potential)
- Complexity (complexity of the idea; market reach)
$1,500 in cash will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner of each group (students and/or recent alumni).
Panel of judges:
- Sima Gandhi ’07 LLM ’09 – CEO & Co-Founder, Creative Juice
- Missy Tidwell ’03 – Global General Counsel (EdTech), Prosus Group
- Joy Marcus ’86 – Co-Founder, The 98
- Jerome Fogel ’04 – Co-Founder, Fogel & Potamianos LLP
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.