1L NYU Law students interested in pursuing a career in entrepreneurship can apply for $15,000 in funding from the Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital (EVC) Program to intern at a startup during the summer. These internships provide 1L students the opportunity to develop skills and experience outside of the legal field at companies led by NYU Law alumni.
The deadline to apply for a summer internship is Friday, January 13, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Final hiring decisions will be made by Monday, January 23, 2023.
To apply for either or both internships, please fill out this form.
2022-23 Summer Internship Opportunities
Biotech Startup Internship
Octant is a well-backed team of experienced scientists and entrepreneurs at the frontiers of biology, chemistry, and computation. We are a small molecule therapeutics company scaling drug discovery to navigate the complexity of human diseases using an integrated platform combining synthetic biology, genomics, computation and high-throughput chemistry.
Octant is an equal opportunity company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive and supportive work environment for everyone.
If you’re interested in entrepreneurship and the life sciences, this could be a great role for you. As a member of the Octant operations team, you’ll work with experienced attorneys, entrepreneurs and some of the top technologists in synthetic biology, high throughput chemistry, computation and genomics. You’ll use your analytical, organizational, and make-it-happen skills across a variety of potential areas (operations, legal, finance, business development and strategy). You thrive on getting things done, are eager to troubleshoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE GREAT FOR YOU IF YOU:
Are excited to learn more about how the operations team supports and advances a fast-paced and collaborative biotech startup
Enjoy flexing your project management and process execution skills
Thrive in team environments and are eager to work on bold projects
Are comfortable working on complex, often ambiguous problems and driving to output
Are a high-energy, collaborative, and results-oriented person who enjoys teaching and learning
TechGC is an independent, invitation-only community platform for GCs & CLOs of leading venture capital firms and high-growth tech companies. Our mission is to help in-house legal executives do their day-to-day jobs better and excel throughout their careers.
Together with our sister community, DeputyGC, we have 4,000+ members around the globe, including formal chapters in Boston, Chicago, New York, London, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle, and emerging chapters in Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Miami, San Diego, and Washington DC. We host 300+ private events throughout the year across the United States, London and virtually.
TechGC is growing rapidly and we’re looking for curious, motivated and hard-working people to join our team as we create the world’s most innovative professional network for lawyers.
About the Position
The TechGC Summer Internship is a highly selective, full-time summer position for rising 2Ls interested in the intersection of law and startups. This is a truly unique opportunity to develop your business skills at a rapidly growing startup while simultaneously building out an enviable network of top legal executives at some of today’s most interesting and innovative technology startups, venture funds and law firms.
The ideal candidate for this job is a true ‘athlete’ – someone that is eager to learn fast and dive deep into a number of different initiatives across the company. Specific duties include:
● Researching and staying on top of legal trends affecting the startup/tech ecosystem
● Supporting live and virtual member events (including by attending/assisting at such events, researching and collecting CLE materials, etc.)
● Organizing and categorizing content on our members-only platform
● Generating original content tailored to our community (including blog posts, member interviews, etc.)
● Assisting with marketing campaigns for our public-facing initiatives
● Turbo-charging our social media channels (LinkedIn and Twitter) to expand our reach and engagement
● Assisting with our private, members-only benchmarking surveys
● Assisting with a variety of other member and product-related initiatives as needed
To succeed in this position, you must be:
● Passionate about all things startup and tech, but most especially the in-house legal team’s role in supporting and advancing a high-growth tech startup
● Curious and enthusiastic about building, scaling and engaging communities
● A highly-motivated self-starter, capable of working efficiently and productively without much oversight (but also not afraid to ask for help if/when something is over your head)
● An excellent written and verbal communicator
● Personable and excited about building professional relationships
● Fluent in modern cloud-based office software (Microsoft, Google, Dropbox, Slack, etc.) and social media platforms (LinkedIn and Twitter), and extremely comfortable learning new technologies
● Extremely organized, diligent and focused, with excellent attention to detail
● A natural multi-tasker who can follow-up and manage competing priorities without compromising quality
While not necessary, some or all of the following skills/experiences are also a plus:
● Prior work experience, ideally at a tech startup
● Experience in digital marketing and/or social media management (whether for your own personal channels or a professional organization)
● Basic digital design experience (e.g., Canva or similar)
● Experience editing and publishing written content (e.g., at a journal, school newspaper, blog, etc.)
● Experience with one or more “no code” platforms (e.g., Zapier, Airtable, Bubble, etc.)
Come join us in building a game-changing platform for the legal industry!
Questions? Visit the FAQ page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.