The student ambassador position at the New York City Bar Association provides an opportunity for law students to take a leadership role within the Association. This is an excellent position for any law student ready to jump-start his/her career and gain visibility while developing a strong professional network in an association that includes 24,000 of the best legal minds in New York. The role of the student ambassador is to represent the New York City Bar Association by communicating the benefits of membership, promoting relevant events, increasing student engagement, and recruiting new members.
NYU is seeking a 2L Student Ambassador; a 2L student at the school who would assist in planning for campus events for the school year and would then transition to the 3L Student Ambassador
Responsibilities of the Student Ambassador include:
- Attend an annual orientation meeting on July 13, 2022/LL.M. orientation meeting in the month of September 2022 (date TBD).
- Host a City Bar Table at four events per year, to be determined in conjunction with the nominating Career Services or Student Services Administration nominator, potentially including:
- Law School Orientation
- Bar Association Fairs or Career Fairs
- Other relevant student events identified by the ambassador & administrator nominator
- Disseminate materials at opportune times throughout the year
- Assist the City Bar in the planning of its annual law school visit (possibility of speaking opportunity), and other special events if applicable
- Provide a brief activity summary after each semester
Benefits of being a Student Ambassador include:
- Receive Complimentary City Bar Membership
- Gain leadership experience in a leading bar association
- Hold a leadership position at your school / liaison to SBA
- Have a voice in how the City Bar can best serve law students
- Membership in the Law Student Perspectives Committee (1 ambassador per school-position will be decided among the 3L or the LL.M. Student ambassador)
- Considerable assistance with the committee process and placement
- Potential one-on-one networking with leading practitioners
- Unique opportunity to begin to build your network with New York City’s greatest legal minds
To apply, submit this application form, your resume, and a brief statement regarding why you are interest in the position and why you feel you would succeed to Moon Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.