2L and 3L J.D. students can now elect the Credit/Fail option for designated Fall 2021 classes. Students may elect this option or change their election via Albert until Friday, December 3 at 11:59 pm.
2L and 3L students may elect to register for a total of two non-required courses on a Credit/Fail basis provided the faculty member teaching the course has listed the course as being open to such registration.
- Un-graded credits for student journals, Moot Court, Teaching Assistantships, and Research Assistantships, are not counted toward this limit.
- Classes that only offer a CR grade are not counted toward the two course limit.
- The class must be listed open to such registration.
- Students may not, under any circumstances, change an election to take or not to take a course Credit/Fail after the time for making such an election has expired.
- Visiting students will only be allowed to register for the Credit/Fail grading option provided prior approval of their home school is submitted to the Office of Academic Services.
Instructions on how to elect the Credit/Fail option in Albert are as follows:
- Log in to Albert through NYUHome.
- Scroll down until you see your class schedule.
- Click on the Edit tab found under your class schedule.
- Choose the Fall term and click continue.
- Choose the course from the dropdown menu that is available for Credit/Fail.
See our Credit/Fail Option web page for further details.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Academic Services with any questions or concerns.
Best of luck with the fall semester!