While exams are still several weeks away, it is important that you take time to review your exam schedule for any conflicts and apply for an exam postponement/accommodation per the rules. Let’s do everything we can to facilitate a smooth exam period, starting now.
1. Fall 2019 Exam Schedule (December 9 – 19)
2. Rules and Guidelines Governing the Postponement of Exams
3. Deadline to submit a request; Wednesday, November 13, 2019
4. How to Submit a Postponement/Accommodation Request
5. Fall 2019 Exam ID Number
6. Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
8. Results of Exam Requests Available Monday, December 2, 2019 after 5:00 pm
9. Dropping a Class after Submitting a Request for Postponement
1. FALL 2019 EXAM SCHEDULE (December 9 – 19):
The exam schedule is made available during registration so that students can avoid exam conflicts or rescheduling based on individual needs, work responsibilities or conflicts. The exam schedule can be found at: http://www.law.nyu.edu/academics/exams/
Part-time students may register for a maximum of 6 credits per semester. Students, who are employed full-time, however, are strongly advised to limit the course load to 4 or 5 credits per semester. Whether one is enrolled for 2 credits or 6 credits in a given semester, all part-time students are required to take their exams as scheduled, which may include daytime exams for an evening course; rescheduling is not permitted. Certain required courses for some programs and exams are not offered in the evening.
2. RULES AND GUIDELINES GOVERNING THE
POSTPONEMENT OF EXAMS:
The detailed guidelines for postponement of examinations may be found online at
3. DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2019:
Requests for postponements/accommodations should be made online via ExamReporter (https://examreporter.law.nyu.edu) beginning Wednesday, November 6, 2019. The deadline to submit all requests is Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
4. HOW TO SUBMIT A POSTPONEMENT/ACCOMMODATION REQUEST:
- Log onto ExamReporter
- Click on “Postponements.”
- In the section titled “Request Postponement” select the class for which you seek a postponement.
- Select the type or reason for the requested postponement.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
You will need to submit a separate request for each exam you wish to postpone.
5. FALL 2019 EXAM ID NUMBER:
You can obtain your 4-digit Fall 2019 examination number from ExamReporter athttps://examreporter.law.nyu.edu/
6. ACCOMMODATIONS FOR STUDENTS WITH
If you have not done so already, all students with disabilities who need exam accommodations must immediately register with the Henry & Lucy Moses Center for Students with Disabilities. Their address and contact information to schedule an appointment is: Henry & Lucy Moses Center for Student with Disabilities, 726 Broadway, 3rd floor (212) 998-4980. In order to be given an accommodation for examinations, students are required to complete and submit a request for postponement/accommodation for each exam of their Fall 2019 exam schedule via ExamReporter.
To maintain your anonymity in the grading process, DO NOT CONTACT YOUR FACULTY MEMBER if you have problems related to an exam. If you have any difficulties or extenuating circumstances involving your exam, please notify the Office of Academic Services via email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with a detailed explanation of your circumstances.
8. RESULTS OF EXAM REQUESTS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2019 after 5:00pm:
You will be able to go into ExamReporter and view the results.
*Please note we will not be sending individual emails with updated exam information. Please log in to ExamReporter after 5:00 pm on December 2 to see any updates to your exam schedule.
9. DROPPING A CLASS AFTER SUBMITTING A REQUEST FOR POSTPONEMENT:
Please be advised that you are required to notify the Office of Academic Services if you drop a class which no longer makes one eligible for a postponement. Failure to do so will result in violation of the rules which govern requests for postponements/accommodations.