During the week of August 24th, we will welcome all incoming Tax LL.M. students at the following tax orientation events:
- Tax Specialization Meeting (Monday, August 24th, 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM, Greenberg Lounge, 1st Floor of Vanderbilt Hall). This session will address degree requirements, course selection and the tax job market, among other topics. This session is mandatory for all full-time Tax LL.M. students.
- Tax Welcome Reception (Monday, August 24th, 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Greenberg Lounge, 1st Floor of Vanderbilt Hall). Shortly after the tax specialization meeting, we will welcome you with a wine and cheese reception. This will also be a great opportunity for you to meet your classmates. This event is open to all Tax LL.M. students.
- Tax Alumni Advising Breakfast (Tuesday, August 25th, 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM, Lipton Hall and the Faculty Club, D’Agostino Hall, 110 West 3rd Street). Recent alumni of the Graduate Tax Program will join us for a light breakfast to answer your questions and offer advice. The atmosphere will be casual, so feel free to stay for all or part of the event. This event is open to all Tax LL.M. students.
- Tax Faculty Lunch (Tuesday, August 25th, 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM, Greenberg Lounge, 1st Floor of Vanderbilt Hall). At this lunch, you will have a chance to meet with the tax faculty. This event is open to full-time Tax LL.M. students only. During the academic year, you will be assigned to a faculty advisor. Many of our faculty advisors will be at the lunch.
- Tax Research Workshop (Friday, August 28nd, 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM, Furman Hall Room 216). At this workshop, Professor Joshua Blank will provide an overview of helpful tax research tools that you can use as students at NYU and during your careers as practicing tax lawyers. He will also provide general advice regarding class and exam preparation. This event is open to all Tax LL.M. students. Full-time Tax LL.M. students are strongly encouraged to attend.