We are pleased to announce the starting of the NYU Law Peer Adviser Program. This program will match upper level (2L and 3L) students with 1Ls and LLMs to provide guidance in navigating the first (or single) year of law school.
Our Peer Advisers may serve as resources in the following areas:
- Practical understanding of academic requirements, course selection and where to turn for help;
- Getting the most out of class time and extracurricular activities;
- Interacting collegially with faculty, administrators and fellow students; and
- Accessing stress management, mental health and wellness resources (please note: Peer Advisers will not offer mental health counseling).
Our Peer Advisers are NOT:
- Counselors or therapists;
- Academic advisors;
- Accessible 24/7
If you are a 2L or 3L interested in the leadership opportunity of serving as a Peer Adviser, please contact Arthur Fama at email@example.com and provide a brief statement of interest, including any relevant expe2rience (500 word maximum) and a current resume. All qualified candidates will be interviewed by Dean Fama and those selected will attend a brief orientation/training session.
*Students interested in tutors should send a request via the Student Affairs Confidential Tutoring Program.