The 2014 Awards Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 at 4:00 PM in the Eisner & Lubin Auditorium, on the 4th floor of the Kimmel Center for University Life. A reception will follow immediately after on the 10th floor Rosenthal Pavilion.
The purpose of the President’s Service Award is to recognize the distinguished achievements of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and student organizations for their promotion of learning, leadership, and quality of student life at New York University.
Any NYU student, faculty, or staff member may nominate an NYU student for a President’s Service Award. Please review the criteria & eligibility page for more information.
Nominations for the 2014 President’s Service Awards are now open.
Deadline: Monday, March 3 2014 5:00 PM
President’s Service Awards are given to students or student organizations that have had an extraordinary and positive impact on the University community, including achievements within schools and departments, the University at large, local neighborhoods, and NYU’s presence in the world. Successful nominations should demonstrate that the student or organization has made a significant and positive contribution to the University in one or more of the following ways:
- Building community
- Enhancing wellness
- Promoting diversity
- Demonstrating civic responsibility
- Actively volunteering
- Creating innovative and new projects or activities
- Innovating and enhancing existing University programs or services
- Exhibiting outstanding leadership with an organization or project
The following are eligibility requirements that must be met by each nominee.
- Nominees must be in good academic standing (as defined by the nominee’s academic unit).
- Nominees must be registered during the semester the award will be given, or have graduated the previous December or August.
- Nominations should be based on achievements that date from February of the previous year; for the 2014 awards, nominations should be based on achievements between February 2013 and February 2014.
- Nominated organizations must be currently registered with the Center for Student Activities, Leadership, and Service or with a school or department.
- Typically, work done as part of a compensated role is not considered, however extra-ordinary achievement by a student who goes above and beyond the normal expectations of work may be considered. Please indicate in your nomination if this is the case.
- Current NYU faculty, staff, and students are eligible to nominate a student for a President’s Service Award; self-nominations will not be accepted.