The Public Interest Law Center is pleased to announce the 2017-18 International Finance and Development (IFD) Fellowships. Current full-time LLM students at NYU School of Law are eligible to apply. This year we expect to select fourteen students as IFD Fellows at the organizations listed below.
There are two main components of the IFD Fellowships, a post-graduate placement at an international organization and the submission of a research paper, case study or practical memo. The placements are for a minimum of 10 weeks in duration in the summer or fall following graduation. In addition, IFD Fellows submit a report to PILC that provides details about the IFD Fellow’s experience. NYU Law provides IFD Fellows with a modest award of $6,500 USD issued in two installments: the first, prior to the start of the placement, and the second, after the completion of the paper and report.
The 2017-18 IFD Fellowship application package is due Monday, October 30, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. (NY/EST Time). Applicants must submit one copy of the application package by email, in a single document as a PDF file to IFD.firstname.lastname@example.org, and four paper copies of the application package to Miriam Eckenfels-Garcia at the Public Interest Law Center, 4th floor, Furman Hall.
For this academic year, placements will include:
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), Beijing – 1 placement
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), London – 1 placement
- International Development Law Organization (IDLO), Rome or The Hague – 1 placement
- International Finance Corporation (IFC), Washington, DC – 2 placements
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), Geneva – 1 placement
- International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington, DC – 1 placement
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Paris – 1 placement
- United Nations, New York – 1 placement
- World Bank, Legal Vice Presidency, Operations Policy Group, Washington, DC – 2 placements
- World Bank, Legal Vice Presidency, Operations Policy Group, Governance and Anti-Corruption Team, Washington, DC – 2 placements
- World Bank, Development Economics Vice Presidency, Doing Business Project, Washington DC – 1 placement