OCS Weekly Career Docket
Week of April 20, 2012
Early Interview Week (EIW) Announcements:
1. SAVE THE DATE: Early Interview Week (EIW) 2012 (1Ls, 2Ls)
Wednesday, August 15, 2012 through Friday August 17, 2012
Doubletree Suites, 1568 Broadway (47th Street and 7th Avenue) New York, NY 10036
2. Preparation for EIW (1Ls)
3. EIW Requirements & Upcoming OCS and Student Group Career Education Events (1Ls)
NYU Law Art Society Panel: THE ART OF THE ORIGINAL: AUTHENTICITY IN THE AGE OF REPRODUCTION A Conversation About the Legal and Policy Challenges Surrounding Authentication in Today’s Art World
Wednesday, April 25, 2012, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Vanderbilt Hall, Room 206
Reception to follow in Vanderbilt Hall 201.
John R. Cahill, Partner, Lynn Cahill LLP Esti Dunow, Art Historian and Co-Author of Chaim Soutine Catalogue Raisonne Jack Flam, President & CEO of the Dedalus Foundation
Moderator: Amy M. Adler, The Emily Kempin Professor of Law, NYU School of Law
All 1Ls must complete each of the following EIW Requirements:
1. 1 Career Educational Event (See below for upcoming events)
2. Strike-A-Match (April 12, 2012)
3. 1 Practice Interview Program (Summer 2012)
4. Interview Skills Workshop (Summer 2012)
1. 1L Small Group Sessions in April
In order to address some of your most common EIW questions, we have scheduled several 10 person meetings with Irene Dorzback on the topics listed below. Please sign up on CSM via the “Events” tab for these sessions as space is limited. Attendance will be on a first- come first-served basis. If the interest is strong, additional meetings will be scheduled. All meetings will be held in the OCS Conference Room, 4th Floor Furman Hall. Feel free to bring lunch or snacks.
Thursday, April 19, 12:30 p.m.: EIW Firm Selection: Where to Start?
Monday, April 23, 12:30 p.m.: Strike-a-Match Data: Is it an exact science? (a 3 year retrospective)
Tuesday, April 24, 5:00 p.m.: Public Interest Persona Trapped in a Private Sector Job Search: How to Transfer Your Skills?
Wednesday, April 25, 12:30 p.m.: How to Break Out of the “B” Curve In Interviews?
2. Webinar for Rising 3Ls Seeking Private Sector Employment (thru EIW and Beyond)
Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 2:00 p.m.
Led By: Irene Dorzback and Ryan Williams
RSVP on the CSM Events Tab (login instructions will be sent to participants on Monday, April 23rd)
Irene Dorzback and Class of 2012 JD Ryan Williams will discuss job search strategies for 3Ls with a focus on those who do not have 2L private sector positions this summer (2012). Topics covered will include: maximizing EIW, targeted mailings, networking, online and other resources. 3L Ryan Williams will discuss his job search journey using many strategies and techniques in order to successfully obtain a private sector position.
Copy of webinar will be available online within 48 hours of event.
Bar Association Announcements (Click for more information):
Monday, April 30, 2012
2. American Bar Association: A Young Lawyers’ Brunch
Saturday, April 21, 2012, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Standard Hotel, High Line Room, 848 Washington Street
Email for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Research Assistant to Professor David Han (1Ls, 2Ls); New York University, New York, NY—CSM ID 424774.
2. Entry-Level Attorney (3Ls); Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP, Philadelphia, PA – CSM ID 424744.
3. First-Year Associate (3Ls); The Nelson Law Firm, LLC, White Plains, NY – CSM ID 424723.
Following is a sample of job listings currently active on CSM. You can find additional jobs, as well as get more information and apply for these jobs through the CSM System:
1. Research Assistant to Professor David Han (1Ls, 2Ls); New York University, New York, NY—CSM ID 424774. Professor David Han seeks a part-time or full-time summer research assistant.
2. Entry-Level Attorney (3Ls); Ward Greenberg Heller & Reidy LLP, Philadelphia, PA – CSM ID 424744. Multi-state firm seeks talented May 2012 Juris Doctor Degree candidate for its Philadelphia office.
3. First-Year Associate (3Ls); The Nelson Law Firm, LLC, White Plains, NY – CSM ID 424723. The Nelson Law Firm is seeking a graduating 3L who will be sitting for the Summer 2011 New York Bar Exam.
If you have any questions regarding the Docket, please email Laura Behrendt at email@example.com.