The ABA Section of International Law will be holding its 2014 Spring Meeting in New York from April 1 to April 5. To register, you will need to fill out the Registration Form. Choose the rate that applies to you under member rates, and be sure to check the box for “Members of Cooperating Organization” and fill in NYU School of Law.
You can also also attend for free by contributing as a volunteer. Here is information on volunteering for the event:
We ask our volunteers to commit to a certain time period. When helping with programming during the day, volunteers assist with program set-up (speaker tent cards and gifts) and CLE (Continuing Legal Education) sign-in. After the program, volunteers assist in handing out CLE paperwork to attendees. During the program, volunteers are free to sit in on sessions (as long as you’re keeping an eye out for late comers, questions, etc). We also ask our volunteers to help ensure programs end on time by informing program chairs when their time is coming to a close. A volunteer instruction sheet will be available at each program room and section staff will be roaming and available for questions.
Please fill out this online survey so that we have your contact details and availability during the week of the meeting. For a complete list of Spring Meeting programming, please visit our website http://ambar.org/ilspring2014. We’ll be in touch by mid-March to confirm your schedule, provide logistical information and answer any questions you might have. If you have any questions at this time please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on the event, from the website:
On behalf of the ABA Section of International Law (ABA International), we are pleased to invite you to the 2014 Spring Meeting in New York, April 1-5. ABA International’s Spring Meeting will be one of the world’s largest and most important gatherings of international lawyers, with more than 1500 attendees from over 80 countries expected.
LEARN INFORMATION RELEVANT TO YOUR INTERNATIONAL LAW PRACTICE AREA FROM TOP LEGAL EXPERTS, INCLUDING:
- High-level practitioners with the largest and most respected regional, national and global law firms from nearly every continent;
- Corporate and in-house counsel from more than 40 corporations, including many of the top global companies;
- Small-firm and solo practitioners with significant international practices;
- Government lawyers including ambassadors, judges, regulators and former legislators;
- Lawyers serving with non-governmental organizations and inter-governmental organizations, such as the World Bank, Doctors Without Borders, the International Criminal Court, the International Chamber of Commerce, the International Monetary Fund, Lambda Legal, Oxfam America, and UN Women; and
- Academics from top universities and law schools across the U.S. and around the world.
The more than 70 substantive CLE sessions at the 2014 Spring Meeting will feature prominent speakers from start to finish, making it a “Must-Attend” meeting for lawyers with a practice or interest in international legal issues. Wednesday morning, we begin with Courageous Counsel, including prominent women General Counsels from the Fortune 500, and we conclude Friday afternoon with a look at the legal profession with Senator Evan Bayh, the Honorable Judith Kaye, Bernard Nussbaum, Richard Revesz, and Frederic Ury. In between, you can hear from many prominent speakers, including Chancellor Leo Strine from the Delaware Court of Chancery and Lord Michael Burton, Chief Judge of Commercial Courts, Royal Courts of Justice, London.
The meeting will also feature special programming for corporate counsel, law firm managers, young lawyers, law students, and legal educators.
ENJOY OUTSTANDING NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES!
Network with the best and brightest international lawyers throughout the meeting, particularly at our twice daily networking breaks, ticketed luncheons, and evening receptions:
- Welcome Reception at the Waldorf Astoria (Tuesday);
- Special Reception at the New York Stock Exchange (Wednesday);
- Opening Reception at Cipriani Wall Street (Wednesday);
- Reception at the USS Intrepid, one of 24 Essex-class aircraft carriers built during World War II for the United States Navy (Thursday); and
- Chair’s Closing Reception at the Waldorf Astoria (Friday).
Early Bird Registration Deadline is February 24, 2014. Take advantage of the low registration rates for both individual and group attendees! For information about group registration rates, please contact Michelle Mattingly at email@example.com.
Pre-Registration Final Deadline is March 19, 2014. Online registration will be closed after this date. Onsite registration will be available as of April 1st.
Hotel room block at the Waldorf Astoria New York Deadline is March 10, 2014. We have reserved a special nightly rate of $289 plus applicable daily tax per room for single or double occupancy. Make your reservations online at http://bit.ly/15EuCgJ http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/L/LONHITW-GABAA-20131014/index.jhtml. The number of rooms available at this special rate is limited and subject to selling out, so please book early.
We look forward to greeting you at the crossroads of the world for a spectacular Spring Meeting!
Gabrielle M. Buckley
Chair, ABA Section of International Law
David A. Schwartz
2014 Spring Meeting Co-Chairs